Cyprus is an amazing Mediterranean island. Time seems to slow down here, worries and tensions of the world go away. This is probably why many people dream of a holiday on this Mediterranean island; and those who have already been here come back here again and again. Cyprus attracts, Cyprus falls in love.
A holiday on the island will give you a unique experience and will be remembered for a long time. People of any age and lifestyle will feel at home here. We have covered the various entertainment options in Cyprus for tourists of different ages in more detail in this article. And now you are about to discover the most beautiful locations in Cyprus. If you have not been there yet, then by all means visit them - an unforgettable experience is guaranteed.
Must-sees in Cyprus: top 10 places
1. Aphrodite’s Rock or Petra tou Romiou. It is here that Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, was born from the sea foam. Legend has it that girls who bathe in the clear water of Aphrodite's Rock will preserve their youth for a long time, and men will become more courageous and passionate. Especially lucky are those who find a heart-shaped pebble on the beach, which means they will soon know true love. Petra tou Romiou is located half way between Pafos and Limassol. Properties in these areas are really comfortable and suitable for living, holidaying and renting out.
2. Kykkos Monastery. What to see in Cyprus? Of course Kykkos! This is the most famous shrine of the island. Every year a lot of pilgrims as well as tourists come here from all over the world. This monastery is famous for its miraculous icon of the Mother of God. There is also a museum at the monastery, which is a unique keeper of the history and culture of Cyprus. In the museum, Byzantine music is played constantly to create the right mood for the visitors.
3. Larnaca Castle. A castle (also called a fort) was built at the end of the XIV century. Its main function was to protect the city against raids from the sea. At some point the castle also served as a prison. Today it houses a historical museum offering exciting excursions to its visitors. Moreover, there is a summer stage, where concerts often take place.
4. Pafos castle. Some of the most beautiful locations in Cyprus are in Pafos or nearby. So, if you are going on a holiday to this town, you are truly lucky. If not, then by all means visit this cultural capital of Cyprus. Despite the fact that the town is relatively small, there are many interesting sights here, where you can spend an interesting day. Pafos Castle is one of the most famous landmarks in the area. You can browse real estate options in Pafos for life and investment here.
5. Choirokitia. The place will especially appeal to history buffs. Choirokitia is a Neolithic settlement. That is, it’s already more than 9 thousand years old! In order for visitors to easily imagine the life of the inhabitants of the settlement, some dwellings and household items were restored. At the time when Chirokitia was populated, the settlement was practically on the seashore, but over the time the water receded. The mystery, which historians still trying solve, is the reason why the settlers left Choirokitia and the island in due time. So, beauty can also be ancient
6. Salt Lake. There is a unique lake on the outskirts of Limassol - the largest on the island, but despite its huge size, it is very shallow. That is why migrating birds choose it as their winter base. From December till March, you can see pink flamingos, as well as cranes, herons and many other birds. And if you are lucky enough to be here in the summer, then you can even walk the bottom the lake, as it practically dries up.
7. Tombs of the Kings is another beautiful place in Pafos. The tombs are carved in the rocks and date back to long before our era. This was the burial place of the elite of the time, but not the kings. The name arose from the mistaking impression of archaeologists who were struck by the rich design of the tombs.
8. The House of Dionysus. This is one of the most famous and most amazing places in Cyprus. House of Dionysus is part of an archaeological complex that includes many Greco-Roman structures. Here you can see a large number of mosaic floors, which, surprisingly, retained their freshness and vibrancy of the colors. This complex is located close to the Pafos harbour.
9. Cape Greco. The most beautiful places in Cyprus can often be found far from civilization. The cape is located in the southeast of Cyprus and offers an impressive view of the endless azure sea spreading in front of you. The cape is not rich in vegetation, but you can find rare species of orchids, irises and crocuses. In this area there is also a small picturesque church on the rocks. Some romantics choose this particular temple for their wedding.
10. The ancient city of Kourion. This is an open-air museum. During its heyday, the city was one of the largest on the island. Back in the 4th century, it was destroyed by an earthquake, however, some structures remained partially intact and can be seen today. Especially impressive is the theater, built in the 2nd century BC. At that time, the inhabitants of ancient Kourion watched tragedies by Aeschylus and Sophocles, while in modern days, Greek music concerts and theatre performances are held here.
Want to see all the most beautiful places in Cyprus? Then make sure to visit the above locations - each of them is worthy your attention.
Get Free Consultation