Cyprus is an amazing island with plenty of holiday options for any age and lifestyle. Active and extreme or calm and romantic - Mediterranean Cyprus has it all. Both adults and children will have unbelievable memories of their holiday in Cyprus.
Cyprus for the young
What do young people value most in their vacation? Obviously, passion, emotions, unusual and fun experience at an affordable budget. All of this the sunny Mediterranean island can provide in abundance – affordable or free fun activities in Cyprus will guarantee an unforgettable experience and unique memories.
Depending on the young people’s preference, Cyprus holiday can be active and full of communication and entertainment, or quite the opposite - secluded, calm and romantic. Young tourists in Cyprus prefer the following pastime options:
- Beach activities. Surfing, diving, parasailing, wakeboarding and other active and even extreme water activities attract thrill-seekers. Apart from that, the beaches in Cyprus offer a large number of free options for active pastime - tennis, beach volleyball and others.
- Nightlife. Those who cannot sleep on a warm Cypriot night will find numerous modern discos, pubs, karaoke bars and other establishments where you can have fun with friends. The perfect place for young holidaymakers would be Ayia Napa, where Cyprus real estate is mainly represented by beachfront apartments and villas.
- Visit places with an interesting background. Cyprus has plenty of those. Young people are often attracted to places with a mystical or romantic history. Must-see are Aphrodite’s birthplace and Aphrodite’s bath, the bridge of lovers in Ayia Napa, the Limassol castle and various monuments of antiquity.
Family vacation in Cyprus
Cyprus is one of the best destinations for family vacations. Mild climate, beautiful nature, good amenities, safety - all this creates excellent conditions for parents with children to relax. Entertainment options for kids are endless - there is an activity for everyone.
What to do on the island for families with children?
- Amusement parks or water parks. Almost all tourist areas of the island have amusement parks and water parks - the island of Cyprus loves to have fun. And they are not just for kids – adults will find various interesting and funny entertainment in such parks as well. When in Limassol, you should definitely visit the Watermania water park, which offers a variety of water slides, swimming pools, cafes / restaurants, a pastry shop and a gift shop. This article will tell you about the best gifts to bring from your holiday in Cyprus. Not far from Limassol there is a huge amusement park called "Arizona" visiting it will be an unforgettable experience for children. Larnaca has the Lucky Park and Wow Action, Nicosia - Papa Filippou, Pafos – Aphrodite waterpark and others.
- Planetariums. Look at the stars and planets, explore the sky map and listen to amazing stories about space in one of the most popular planetariums “Kition” in Limassol.
- Beach holiday. Beach activities for children in Cyprus are numerous and diverse. Depending on their age, children can play at the beach playgrounds, try inflatable slides, "banana" rides etc. Most of the beaches of the island are suitable for families - they are sandy, with a gradual water entry and good beach amenities.
- Zoos and natural parks. The largest one on the island is the Paphos Zoo. Here you can see a vast number of different animals and birds. The setup of the zoo is beautiful and cozy; there is a restaurant with traditional cuisine, a theatre, a museum and a souvenir shop. For nature lovers, it will also be interesting to visit the "turtle" beach in Akamas peninsula. In August, hundreds of baby turtles are born there and then make their way to the sea. An amazing experience for kids and adults!
There is plenty of free entertainment in Cyprus as there is always some celebration or festival with free concerts, performances and excursions. Before traveling to Cyprus it is worth finding out what holidays and events will be happening on the island during your holiday.
Holidays in Cyprus for seniors
Cyprus offers its older guests a quiet, cozy and relaxed and yet rejuvenating and fun holiday - there are plenty of options for an interesting pastime. Retirees in Cyprus mostly prefer to holiday in Pafos, which is small, with a relatively slow pace of life and a lot of things to do. An ideal Cyprus holiday for seniors should include:
- Comfortable stay. Apart from hotels, the island offers a wide range of properties for a comfortable stay on the island with a “like at home” feel. Apartments and villas in Cyprus offer their guests private pools, gardens, all the necessary furniture and appliances.
- Wellness therapies. Pretty much all the hotels on the island have wellness centres and spas offering a wide variety of relaxing and beauty treatments.
- Relaxing on the beach. A beach holiday in Cyprus can be very relaxing and comfortable. There are quiet beaches without noisy entertainment. Here you can enjoy the picturesque landscapes, calm sea and warm sun in peace and quiet. Great nature, clean and warm sea - these are the best "free entertainments" in Cyprus, which will allow you to relax and regain strength.
- Excursions. Excursions to the ancient sights and the shrines of Cyprus are very popular on the island. The monastery of Kykkos, St. Neophytos the Recluse, Stavrovouni, Macheras and other Orthodox shrines attract with their beauty, remoteness from the noise of the world and strong spiritual energy.
- Cultural events. During the tourist season, concerts, performances and other cultural events happen on the island almost every day. Most of them will be interesting for older people as well.
Thus, Cyprus caters for children, adults and seniors alike and promises an amazing holiday if you are ready to enjoy. No one will be bored!
Get Free Consultation